Hey everyone, Stephen here. In Week 1 of our New Year’s Reset, we talked about finding your pillars of a successful life. This week, we’re going to build on that foundation and talk about how to find your compass point.
What’s a ‘Compass Point’?
Think of your compass point as the direction you want your life to go in right now. It doesn’t have to be a specific destination, but it should be a general direction that you want to head in. For example, your compass point might be to:
- Live a more meaningful life
- Be more successful in your career
- Be simply happier
Once you know your compass point, you can use it to guide your decisions and make sure that you’re on the right track. For example, if your compass point is to live a more meaningful life, you might decide to:
- Spend more time with your loved ones
- Volunteer for a cause you care about
- Pursue a passion project
How do I Find my Compass Point?
Finding your compass point is a simple but powerful exercise. Here are a few steps to help you get started:
- Take some time to reflect on your values and goals. What is important to you in life? What do you want to achieve?
- Imagine your ideal future. What would your life look like if you were living your best life?
- Identify a destination that is aligned with your values and goals. This is your compass point.
- Develop a plan for how you will reach your compass point. This doesn’t have to be a detailed plan, but it should give you a general idea of the steps you need to take.
Remember, your compass point can change over time. That’s okay! As you grow and learn, your values and goals may change as well. Simply revisit your compass point regularly and make adjustments as needed.
Finding your compass point is an important step in creating a life that you love. It gives you a sense of direction and purpose. If you’re feeling lost or overwhelmed, I encourage you to take some time to reflect on your values and goals and identify your compass point. It’s a decision that you won’t regret.
Download my free worksheet to help you find your compass point.
See you next time for week 3, where we’ll be moving on from the ‘Direction’ module and exploring the ‘Mindsets’ that will set you up for success when we start taking action in week 4.
Have a good week everyone, and I’ll see you next time.