The Monthly Self-Check-In: How to Reflect on Your Progress and Stay on Track
It’s easy to get caught up in the day-to-day hustle and bustle of life and forget to take some time for yourself. But taking time to reflect on your progress and goals can be incredibly beneficial, especially if you do it on a regular basis.
Monthly or weekly self-check-ins are a simple way to identify your strengths and weaknesses, set achievable goals, track your progress, and stay motivated. They can also help you to improve your overall performance and well-being.
How to conduct a monthly self-check-in
To conduct a monthly self-check-in, set aside some time at the end of each month to reflect on the following questions:
- What went well this month?
- What are some areas where I could improve?
- What are my goals for next month?
- What steps do I need to take to achieve my goals?
Once you have reflected on these questions, take some time to write down your thoughts and findings. This will help you solidify your thoughts and plan for the coming month.
Benefits of a monthly self-check-in
There are many benefits to taking time for monthly self-check-ins, including:
- Increased self-awareness: Reflecting on your progress and goals can help you to become more self-aware. This can help you to identify your strengths and weaknesses and to set more realistic goals.
- Improved motivation: Knowing what you want to achieve and having a plan for how to achieve it can help you stay motivated and on track.
- Better performance: By tracking your progress and identifying areas where you can improve, you can gradually improve your overall performance.
- Reduced stress: Taking time to reflect on your progress and goals can help to reduce stress. When you know what you’re working towards and you have a plan for how to get there, you’re less likely to feel overwhelmed.
Tips for getting started
Here are a few tips for getting started with your own monthly self-check-ins:
- Set aside time at the end of each month to reflect on your progress and goals. Try making it a treat for yourself!
- Find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed.
- Write down your thoughts and findings in a journal or notebook.
- Be honest with yourself about your strengths and weaknesses.
- Set achievable goals for the coming month.
- Identify the steps that you need to take to achieve your goals.
- Review your monthly self-check-in at the beginning of the following month to stay on track.
Taking time for monthly self-check-ins is a simple but effective way to improve your overall performance and well-being. If you’re not already doing it, I’d really encourage you to give it a go and start one today.
If you want to try it for yourself, download my free monthly self-check-in worksheet (coming soon!) to help you get started.
What are your thoughts? Have you taken some time for yourself and tried a monthly self-check-in? Share your experiences in the comments!
See you soon,